Thursday, November 26, 2015

     I was talking to my boyfriend over dinner the other night about how much I love writing this blog, but that I've had nothing new to write about at the moment. My health is great, my mood is great, there are no new MS things to rant about. He brought up a great point, that that in its self is something to write about. I write on this blog only when I have something to say about living with MS, and if reading this blog is your only insight into my life than it would seem that I'm always struggling. But I'm not, and I appreciate the good days more than anything.
     MS makes me grateful for the smallest things. Days that I can see clearly, feel both my feet, wake up with out the room spinning and walk in a straight line are all days I'm thankful for. One of the great things about having MS is that it has made me thankful for so many small things that I used to take for granted.
     I talked recently about having started a new medication, it was giving me some trouble for a while. But things have turned around and it has since been amazing. I haven't been on it long enough to see how its effecting the progression of the MS, but in terms of side effects alone, they have all dissipated and this is the best I've felt on a medication in years. Taking a pill twice a day has been amazing compared to injecting myself nightly. It's so nice being able to just take a pill and go to bed.
     I had a neurology appointment this past Monday and my doctor said it was one of my best visits in a while. There is a check list of current symptoms you have to fill out before you're appointment, and this was the first time in a while that I only had one thing to check off. That one thing was fatigue, which I talked about recently. My vitamin D levels were a little low, but everything else looked great. I hate going to neurology appointments because I never know how its gong to turn out. I have gone to countless appointments feeling great but then finding out that there are things wrong. So it feels amazing when I find out that my body feels the same way I do, because sometimes we don't agree on things.
     I have been beyond thankful for my family and friends who have been there for me in the last four or five months when I was going through some hard times in both my physical and personal life. It makes a world of difference when there are amazing people supporting you when you are going through a hard time. It is even more amazing that once that time is through you have the same people to enjoy the good times with. I have been incredibly thankful for my boyfriend, who is very much responsible for the good mood portion of my life. For my parents, who I love dearly and have continually supported me in every aspect of my life. All of my friends, who are a constant ring of support and love, and for my best friend, who inspires me daily and is the hardest working person I know.
     A few days ago I opened a time capsule that I made in my class in fourth grade. It was to be opened in 2015 and I had forget about it before this week. I was nervous to open it. I assumed that fourth grade me expected to be married with children and have an amazing career by the time I was 25, all of which has obviously not happened. I opened it expecting to be disheartened and disappointment I hadn't met fourth grade Teresa's expectations. But I opened it anyways. Where I was to write my expectations for the future and what I thought my life would be like, the only thing I wrote was "when I grow up I want to be a writer, because I love to write and it seems fun." So, I guess I'm on track after all.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment