Sunday, July 19, 2015

I’ve had a few people asking me why I haven't been texting them back this week or why I’m haven't been at work and I figured, well I made this blog for the sole purpose of talking about my MS and I guess I should do that. First of all, I’m fine. Really I’m ok. I’ve just been going through a few bumps in the MS road this week. 
I’ve been having some strange nerve pains lately. The main one being in my back, it  constantly feels like I have a road rash running down my spine and someone keeps slapping it. With that has come some off and on stabbing nerve pain in my fingers and thighs. I’ve just been having a difficult time standing for long periods of time, it gets uncomfortable. I really just feel generally uncomfortable. Whenever anything physical happens with the MS it tends to aggravate my cognitive issues as well. I just get very easily flustered and confused. Everything is being looked at though, I had blood work done early this week and will be getting an MRI on thursday. Hopefully I’ll get some answers next week. Until then I’ve just been trying to take it easy, which is very boring.
I tend to shut down socially when things like this happen. When anyone texts me just to say hey, I don’t feel like telling them the whole story of what’s going on. Don’t get me wrong I fully appreciate my friends and coworkers being concerned with that is happening. But sometimes I just get sick of talking about it. So I tend to just ignore people and not reach out to anyone. I know people get concerned for me when things like this happen, but it doesn't really worry me. I haven't had a relapse yet that I haven’t fully recovered from, and I just hate having to convince everyone it will go away.
If anything relapses only get me mad. I don’t get worried or sad, I usually just get angry. I am pissed that I have to baby my body for a few weeks. You know when you stub your toe or slam a hammer on your finger and you get intensely pissed off for a few seconds. I just constantly feel like that right now. I’ve been having to sit still as much as possible and it has just gotten me bored and grumpy. So if you would like to text me a story or sit on the couch with me that would be great. 
     Really though, please do not feel bad for me. I’m fine. I just know people have either been wondering whats been happening, or I haven't been wanting to talk about and figured I should let everyone know. I appreciate all of the concern though, you guys are great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment